Today, September 22, 2011, is the day we launch what will soon be known as one of the most innovative new lighting systems ever introduced to the wedding and special event markets. What was once impossible is now a reality and we are proud to be the driving creative force behind this amazing innovation.
Here are some key points as to why the “Angle Light System” is about to change how we light your event, and why other event professionals are going to build their business entirely around this new lighting technology..
1. The Boston Uplights Angle Light System is the first battery operated and remote control highlight system ever developed… ever! That means no more wires, no more taping down wires, no more huge cases to place lights and wires in, and no more huge trucks to hall the big cases that hold all the big lights and heavy cable, and last but not least, no more long complex set-up/break-downs that affect how the venues function. In fact, it’s going to change just about everything you have ever known or thought was possible when it comes to highlighting an event.
2. Designed to look beautiful… With traditional lighting you have the added expense and task of covering the entire system with sheers/drape just so they can blend into your event space or ballroom. Not needed with the Angle Light System since they were designed from the start as truly beautiful!
3. Micro in size… After two years of research and development we were able to reduce the weight of each light below one pound which includes the built-in battery and electronics system. This tiny form-factor makes it possible to install the system into very tight and unique spaces. We then combined this micro-light with a magnetic mounting base bringing its installation flexibility to a whole new level.
4. With light, control is everything!… We knew from the start that one of the disadvantages of traditional light systems is they are not dimmable unless you run an enormous amount of power/control cable to connect each light to a dimming system. So to insure we are able to create the perfect light level for each event, and also maintain the clutter-free design we had envisioned, we incorporated a wireless dimming system into each light. Simple, yet beautiful!
5. Power to spare… Taking into account the average event length, we developed the Lithium battery system to power the LED at full power for over 10 hours. In many cases, the lights will be dimmed after the first few hours of your event to approximately 10-50% making the batteries last for many hours longer. The batteries can be recharged after each event with the custom charging system that is designed to be used with each light.
6. Focus with ease… This is where the system got its name “Angle Light”. Perfect focus is critical when you are aiming a narrow beam of light at a 12 inch diameter centerpiece 30 feet away. So to help make this easy we designed into each fixture a ball-joint goose neck allowing you to focus the light-head over a 200deg range of motion. The ball joint system allows for repeatable accuracy unlike traditional goosenecks that can bounce back once you position the light. The ball joint system keeps the light-head exactly where you place it, giving it the unique ability to be focused without moving the entire fixture body.
7. Beautiful Optics / Beautiful Atmosphere… One of the most complex challenges of the design was the ability to get an LED light source to project a very narrow and glare-free beam of light over a long distance. But we achieved just that, and it looks stunning!
Starting with accurate warm-white light from a cutting edge LED, we combined that LED with a custom designed optical lens system, allowing us to create the world’s most beautiful LED light system specifically designed to highlight live events. This is one of our greatest achievements since the design had to start with the optics to even have a chance at being accepted as a beautiful highlight system.
8. Custom Light Stands… You can’t build a light system as beautiful as a Mac Computer, and then slap it onto a traditional ugly light stand. So we designed a custom stand system that compliments the beauty of the light itself, making sure that when utilized together it is seen as a truly stunning system that is so slick and thin it stands almost unnoticed. It is such a refined and finished looking system it simply blends into any level of atmosphere you place it.
9. Adapters, adapters and more adapters… Here is where all our efforts to make the system small and easy to install become worth it. The way we can attach our light system to different adapters will spawn a whole new level of event design. Not only is the base magnetic, but it has a threaded whole allowing you to mount various adapters on. Custom adapters for drop ceilings, awning systems, glass railings, light stands, tents, floors, etc will be created by us or by the professionals that purchase this system. This level of flexibility will allow the Angle Light System to be integrated into so many events in so many ways, we truly expect a new generation of designs to emerge from it capabilities.
10. Light Filters… We designed the front of the light to hold custom circular color gel filters. Our goal was to blend old school design tools such as colored filters with cutting edge new light sources. The color filters will allow us to highlight a table in a crisp blue accent, or very warm amber, or even a soft peach color that accents your floral arrangement making it jump off the table in a subtle but elegant way. Our ability to create new types of settings with the use of color will be truly stunning.
When will it be available?
It is currently available to be reserved as part of your lighting package through the Event Design Division of Boston Uplights. We will soon be taking pre-orders and begin selling the system to select designers and companies across the US, and then as we ramp up production we will expand our selling base and offer it to everyone who wants to invest in this amazing system.
Straight rentals of the system will be available through Boston Uplights in the future so please inquire if interested.
For Purchase… We are currently still working on our retail website, so please contact us directly through email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) to inquire and get more details about the system. We will post here when the retail website has launched making it much easier to see, read about and purchase this amazing system.
Thank you for reading; we look forward to your feedback, calls and emails regarding our new Angle Light Wireless Highlight System.
Paul Therrien ( Lighting Designer/Light System Developer )
Now for some images….
Boston Park Plaza Hotel…26 Tables to highlight. Read how we did this…
We were able to magnetically attach to their balcony railing system. No stands needed allowing for a super-clean install that looked as if they were built into the venue design. Also… Notice the range of focus the light head is able to be angled to? This allowed us to highlight a table directly below which would not normally be possible if the lights were on stands further back in the balcony.
I think this image pretty much says it all. Notice how focused the light is, not spilling onto the table? Drama comes from contrast and contrast is created when light is well controlled. Centerpieces such as these need to be highlighted to make the most of how amazing they are. They deserve to be seen throughout the entire event… and now they can be thanks to this innovative system.
Lighting installed into a venue for a live event such as this has never looked more clean, professional and truly integrated. This is so astonishing, this almost brought a tear to my eye when we placed these lights for the first time. I can only imagine the countless events that will benefit by this new light system, not only at the Boston Park Plaza, but all over the world.
Seaport Hotel Boston… Magnetically attached to ceiling air duct system. Once again no stands needed. This is not only amazing to see happen, but this made something possible in a space that has never been possible before. This is the beginning of a new level of lighting design integration. You no longer need to accept the industrial look of theatrical lighting that is currently the standard light systems used by many companies, the Angle Light System has been designed to seemlessly blend with any decor or space.
Thanks again for checking out our blog. More amazing images will soon be available. Keep checking in or call for more info.